The Supersaurs series brings prehistoric giants back to life in the shape of 12 superb glow-in-the-dark coins. Each one is dedicated to a prehistoric behemoth and has a face value of three euros. Coin collecting is fun and our glow-in-the-dark Supersaur coins can bring prehistoric animals back to life both early in the day and late at night! The heyday of prehistoric reptiles began around 230 million years ago and they ruled the Earth for more than 160 million years. More than 1,000 different types of these extinct giants have already been found. The largest and most impressive animals to have ever lived, dinosaurs colonised all the continents and came in a huge variety of shapes and sizes.
The Institute of Historical Research of the National Hellenic Research Foundation, one of the most important establishments for the research and study of the Greek history (ancient, medieval and modern) at international level, is pleased to announce the organisation of its third Summer School on Ancient Greek and Roman Numismatics, to take place at its premises in Athens, from 1 to 10 July 2019.
The courses provide a chronological survey of ancient Greek and Roman coinage (from the pre-monetary period down to Roman times), combined with lectures on numismatic methodology and other more specialised topics. For 2019 there will be an emphasis on the information coinage can provide on ancient cults, on evidence concerning coinage in a ritual context, combined with guided visits to major numismatic collections in Athens, as well as guided visits to archaeological sites and important sanctuaries in Attica.
The Summer School on Numismatics is addressed to undergraduates, postgraduate students and PhD candidates in History, Archaeology and Art History, to historians and archaeologists, but also to individuals with a special interest in numismatics.
The Ministry of Finance – General Accounting Office has announced that the Hellenic Numismatic Programme of 2019 is scheduled to include the issuance of the following products:
I. COMMEMORATIVE CIRCULATION COINS
• €2 COMMEMORATIVE CIRCULATION COIN DEDICATED TO: “ANDREAS KALVOS – 150 YEARS IN MEMORIAM” (maximum issue 748,500 pieces)
• €2 COMMEMORATIVE CIRCULATION COIN DEDICATED TO: “CENTENARY OF THE BIRTH OF MANOLIS ANDRONICOS” (maximum issue 748,500 pieces)
• €200 GOLD COIN DEDICATED TO: “GREEK CULTURE – HISTORIANS – THUCYDIDES (maximum issue 750 pieces)
• €100 MINI GOLD PLUS COIN DEDICATED TO: “GREEK MYTHOLOGY – THE OLYMPIAN GODS – DEMETER” (maximum issue 1,200 pieces)
• €50 MINI GOLD COIN DEDICATED TO: “CULTURAL HERITAGE – THE HERAION OF SAMOS” (maximum issue 1,500 pieces)
• €10 SILVER COIN DEDICATED TO: “EUROPA STAR 2019 – RENNAISSANCE” (maximum issue 5,000 pieces)
• €10 SILVER COIN DEDICATED TO: “GREEK CULTURE – LYRIC POETS – ALCAEUS” (maximum issue 1,200 pieces)
• €10 SILVER COIN DEDICATED TO: “GREEK CULTURE – HISTORIANS – THUCYDIDES” (maximum issue 1,200 pieces)
• €6 MINI SILVER COIN DEDICATED TO: “50 YEARS SINCE THE FIRST MAN ON THE MOON” (maximum issue 1,200 pieces)
• BLISTER WITH A COLLECTOR, COLOURED €5 CIRCULATION QUALITY COIN DEDICATED TO: “ENVIRONMENT – ENDEMIC FLORA OF GREECE – TULIPA GOULIMYI” (maximum issue 5,000 pieces)
• BLISTER WITH A COLLECTOR €5 CIRCULATION QUALITY COIN DEDICATED TO: “CENTENARY OF THE CONSIGNMENT DEPOSITS AND LOANS FUND” (maximum issue 4,000 pieces)
III. SPECIAL EDITIONS
• BLISTER SET DEDICATED TO: “GREEK TOURISM – SAMOS” CONTAINING ALL EIGHT DENOMINATIONS OF 2019 GREEK EURO COINS (maximum issue 10,000 pieces)
• PROOF COIN SET CONTAINING ALL ΤΕΝ DENOMINATIONS OF 2019 GREEK EURO COINS IN A WOODEN BOX (maximum issue 1,500 pieces)